InsureMonkey Announces Open-Enrollment for Child-Only Health Insurance in Kentucky
Las Vegas, NV (Jan. 1, 2011) – Kentucky residents can get free quotes, compare plan benefits and pricing, and apply online for child-only individual health insurance coverage through InsureMonkey. The open enrollment period is for children under the age of 19.
Las Vegas, NV (Jan. 1, 2011) – Kentucky residents can get free quotes, compare plan benefits and pricing, and apply online through InsureMonkey. The open enrollment period is for child-only individual health insurance coverage, for children under the age of 19.
- The open enrollment period takes place from January 1 through January 31 for 2011, 2012 and 2013.
- To be eligible, residents must complete and submit their application between January 1 and January 31.
- Effective dates may be from January 1 through 45 days from the application date.
- For applicants who have not had coverage within the past two years, a physical exam is NOT required.
- All residents of Kentucky are eligible and coverage is guaranteed issue so children under 19 can not be declined or issued a rider to their coverage. However, rating may be applied.
- Individuals applying for health insurance coverage during the open enrollment period are NOT eligible if they have other coverage or other coverage is available to them at the time of the effective date. "Other coverage" does NOT include Kentucky Access or the Federal Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan.
- Despite these health plans being guaranteed issue, underwriting may still occur and may include an interview and supplemental forms. Any supplemental forms must be completed and signed by a parent/legal guardian and returned to the health insurance companies underwriting. Failure to return any required forms will result in the policy not being issued.
"This is a great opportunity for parents of children with medical needs to get the individual health insurance coverage that their children deserve," said Alex Rivlin, CEO of InsureMonkey. "We've been expecting this for several months and now that the new year is here, we're pleased to offer these plans throughout the open-enrollment period."
Mr. Rivlin advises that parents don't wait to shop for the coverage their children need because the open enrollment period is here and will end soon. "Many of our customers apply and receive coverage the next day," said Mr. Rivlin. "For others, it may take a few weeks to complete the process and receive coverage and that's why parents should take advantage of this opportunity today."
InsureMonkey is the quickest and easiest way for individuals and families to buy health insurance. It provides a simple online tool that allows consumers to get free health insurance quotes from leading companies without providing invasive personal information. Customers are provided quotes, information and options that allow for educated and informed decisions when purchasing health insurance. Once a customer has selected the plan that’s right for them, InsureMonkey enables the customer to apply for the plan online.
InsureMonkey fully automates the quoting, application and enrollment process of becoming insured. It is offered as a free public resource, charges no application fees, no broker fees, and its tools, support and services are free for life. To learn more about how to get the best rates, compare plans and buy personal health insurance online please visit www.insuremonkey.com or call 1-800-771-3739.